Dairy Tech Lameness Demonstration
Come and find out how you can prevent lameness on farm, with practical advice and demonstrations – a perfect opportunity for you to ask questions.
Lameness is one of the most significant welfare and productivity issues that dairy farmers face across the UK. The Dairy Tech demonstrations this year will have the added benefit of experienced cattle lameness vets, VetTechs and foot trimmers to identify and explain the cause of lameness, treatments and most importantly how to prevent these problems on your farm.
Through collaboration of veterinary and animal health forces across the industry, the demonstration at this year’s event will have some key takeaways for all dairy farmers. The highlights include:
What can you do to treat cases effectively?
- Best practice foot trimming – someone should be trained on every farm
- Routine trimming
- Correct identification of lesions and what causes them
- Prevention and appropriate treatment
How to identify the type of lameness and prevent lameness in the future to improve productivity
- Working together with foot trimmer and vet
- Using mobility scoring effectively
- Environmental appraisals – walkways, cow comfort, standing times etc
- Do and don’ts of foot baths!
To make the demonstrations as valuable as possible, we encourage everyone to ask questions for advice to help reduce lameness issues on your farm.
Who will be delivering the demonstrations?
Will Gratwick – Farm Vet, LLM Farm Vets
Natalie Parker – Lead VetTech, LLM Farm Vets
David Glover – Foot Trimmer, Westpoint Farm Vets
Chris Smith – Foot Trimmer, LLM Farm Vets