Chippewa Falls, Wis. – VES-Artex today announced the rollout of its proprietary Turntide Intelligent Barn™ solution, powered by the DairyBOS® barn operating system. The Turntide Intelligent Barn gives producers real-time control over their operation and connects all infrastructure and equipment in the back of the barn into a streamlined platform. This allows operators to become more proactive, efficient, and effective in the management of their herds.
“You’re seeing the evolution of intelligent barn systems that bring together core technologies such as cooling, lighting, ventilation, and cattle handling with innovative connected technologies that simplify workflows, drive efficiencies and improve animal wellbeing, performance and profitability,” says Ed Paradowski, CEO of VES-Artex. “The Turntide Intelligent Barn focuses on the animal, and the downstream benefits to production, labor, and energy savings really highlight our industry’s commitment to the stewardship of the land and our communities.”
At the heart of the Turntide Intelligent Barn is DairyBOS. This intelligent barn solution delivers immediate benefits to each dairy business by making farms more productive and simplifying barn management:
- Multi-site and multi-location capabilities all in a single dashboard
- 3D barn mapping that shows specific areas within the farm where issues occur to reduce system downtime.
- Control of all back-of-barn systems, including cooling, ventilation, and lighting, as well as curtains, pumps and scrapers.
- Fully customizable dashboards that allow users to configure their dashboard based on their specific job requirements and responsibilities. Alternative views include company-level metrics, farm-level data, and building-level information for dairy leadership to get a clear picture of how various aspects of their dairy’s environment, and many other elements, are performing.
- Advanced environmental analytics, including measurement of Air Changes Per Hour and Cubic Feet Per Minute Per Cow.
- Sensor data on factors such as heat, humidity, and wind speed.
- Smart alerts that are fully configurable and batched based on on-farm priorities and preference settings to reduce high volumes of alerts and notifications.
- Next-level reporting, including preventative maintenance schedules for various on-farm devices, not limited to VES-Artex equipment.
- Fully integrated weather tracking and history that will help your environmental control system adjust to historical trends and internal facility response to outdoor weather events.
- New integrations with databases and APIs that provide users more robust information about animal wellness, overall health scores and heat stress prevalence.
- A new mobile app for added convenience when away from the dairy.
“Our approach will continue to be holistic in bringing together the animal, the workforce and each facility’s infrastructure to drive greater operational excellence and viable sustainability for the farm,” says Paradowski. “We’ll accomplish this through simple and intuitive technologies that integrate with much of what is already happening on the farm – we are just streamlining and consolidating processes to make it much easier to manage.”
The announcement of the Turntide Intelligent Barn caps what has been a very busy 12 months for the company. Turntide Technologies, which develops breakthrough technologies to accelerate the electrification of energy-intensive industries, acquired VES in October 2020. VES then merged with Artex Barn Solutions to form VES-Artex in January 2021.
“Turntide Intelligent Barn brings together decades of VES-Artex’s experience working with veterinarians and dairy farmers, and Turntide’s world-class building management and automation technology, to offer a barn management solution that will make farms more productive, and farmers’ lives a bit easier,” said Ryan Morris, chairman and CEO of Turntide Technologies. “Together we want to help dairy farms reduce costs, increase production, and achieve financial sustainability so they can continue to grow their business for the next generation.”
“It’s about more than a product or a service, it’s about collaboration and driving true resilience in the industry and on each farm,” says Paradowski. “The Turntide Intelligent Barn is the first step towards a whole new way of managing dairy facilities and businesses.”
To learn more about the Turntide Intelligent Barn, contact your local VES-Artex sales location, or visit VES-Artex.com.